ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF IMAGING SERVICES
Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center
A dynamic, highly motivated, result oriented, servant leader of healthcare management, with a strong record of accomplishment combining skills in areas such as organizational development, staff development, new program development and project management, building collaborative partnerships and community relationships. Proven track record of operational and fiscal management. Committed to providing superior-quality diagnostic imaging services and exceeding internal and external customer expectations. Acquired 33+ years of healthcare experience with over 31 years in diagnostic imaging and 26+ years in management. Distinguished U.S. Army Veteran Medic and Radiologic Technologist.
• Maintain responsibility for technical program planning and development; financial management; capital equipment; strategic planning; process improvement; customer service; patient satisfaction; human resources management and policy and procedure development and implementation.
• Ensure programs and services are in compliance with administrative and business policies, as well as federal, state and local agency regulations and are in compliance with the goals and objectives of Kaiser Permanente.
• Establish and ensure appropriate clinical standards in compliance with established policies/procedures, applicable laws, regulatory requirements, codes of practice, etc.
• Assess and continuously improve the skills of the staff to ensure that department goals are met.
• Provide effective education, training, direction and guidance to ensure compliance with established work standards.
• Develop and implements strategic plans, department goals and objectives, business initiatives, and supporting financial plans and budgets.
• Comply with all policies/procedures, applicable laws, regulatory agency requirements, codes of practice and organization work standards; assumes responsibility for decisions made and enforced.
• Communicate effectively with all, both within and outside of the organization, to ensure prompt and proper information exchanges and issue resolution; coach and role model for staff and colleagues creating a work environment that fosters respect and positive morale and strong employee engagement
• Acquired ACR accreditations for various Imaging modalities and recertification, ensuring compliance, proper low dose techniques, image quality and revised protocols
• Oversee multiple Imaging sites and location in the Los Angeles and Pasadena Kaiser Permanente region.
• Developed MRI Safety Policy and Procedure
• Trained and educated MRI safety , Level I and Level II
• Modified Zone III and enhanced security and access to Zone III
• Reduced Overtime
• Improved scheduling patterns and accountability
• Improved contrast reaction log book documentation
• Developed contrast reaction kits
• Established Annual needle stick documentation
• Established standard CT / MRI Protocols for varying scanner make and models
• Prepared staff for Joint Commission 2015 survey
• Worked in Partnership with Union stewards to enforce corrective actions and behavior modification.
• Chairman of MRI/Anesthesia Pediatric collaboration Team
• Chairman of Imaging Central Scheduling Team
ST. JOSEPH HOSPITAL & CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL OF ORANGE COUNTY (CHOC)
Diagnostic Radiology Supervisor (2008 - 2013)
Held responsibility for Radiology's operational and capital budgets, including providing justifications or explanations for the variances to Radiology Imaging management and senior hospital administration. Lead 70 FTE as direct reports across three locations, maintaining maintenance documentation for all equipment, quality control, QA, safety in accordance with Joint Commission and State of California DHS, and CMS regulation and guidance.
• Oversaw major capital projects, including planning, equipment acquisition, and collaboration with building and construction teams installing digital radiographic / fluoroscopic rooms.
• Successfully reduced overtime hours from 300 to just 70 per pay period, as well as a total reduction in manpower from 3,300 hours to 2,800 hours per pay period.
• Far exceeded productivity goals and metrics, delivering rates of 106.2% for the last six pay periods and 103.4% YTD.
• Acquired capital equipment that included Digital Radiographic/ Fluoroscopic units, Digital Portables, Digital C-arms and Mini C-Arms, as well as pending projects for Digital Chest Room for the Out Patient Pavilion Facility.
• Collaborated cross-functionally with Pacs and IT teams for Synapse issues, Data Ports, IP addresses, configurations, connectivity, Meditech and Cerner RIS systems.
• Acted as a key member of the radiology department, purchasing equipment to provide enhanced levels of patient care.
• Developed all policies and procedures relating to wrong site and wrong patient protocol, as well as protocols for anti-coagulants and time-out procedures.
• Provide expert insight in order to allow healthcare organizations to improve quality of care and enhance metrics.
• Monitoring various metric tools utilizing a multitude of surveys, including HCAHPS, AVATAR, GALLUP and PressGaney to improve quality patient care.
CEDARS-SINAI MEDICAL CENTER
Imaging Supervisor (1986 - 2000)
Consistently exceeded all established performance objectives over a 15-year tenure, holding responsibility for supervising the Multi-Imaging Department of the 1,100-bed hospital, as well as managing 45 FTE as direct reports spanning Technologists, clerical, file room, transporters and support staff.
• Maintained the Customer Service of Excellence Program, leading to improvements in department and physician relations.
• Played a key role in enhancing the expectations and goals for the department by decreasing turnaround times and instituting high-quality, excellent patient care services.
• Decreased operations costs while simultaneously increasing the total volume of exams completed annually.
• Created and delivered numerous PowerPoint presentations to Imaging and hospital administration officials relating to goa...
Login or Register to view the full resume.