Over 10 years’ experience in the medical field as a volunteer firefighter-EMT intermediate. Served 4 years as the fire chief for a small community all the while working a full time job. Resigned to attend school to become a respiratory therapist, I finished school with a Bachelors degree and full honors. My goal as a respiratory therapist is to provide superior healthcare and to make a positive difference in patients and their families.
Demonstrated success record in:
Monitor patient’s physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs, arterial blood gases, and consult the physician if an adverse reaction occurs.
Work as part of a team of physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals to manage patient care.
Maintain charts that contain patients’ pertinent identification and therapy information.
Inspect, clean, test and maintain respiratory therapy equipment to ensure equipment is operating safely.
Educate patients and their families about their conditions and teach appropriate disease management techniques, such as breathing exercises and the use of medications and respiratory equipment.
Clinical experience working with adults and in the NICU.
• NBRC Certified • Team player • CPR Certified
• Hard working • EMT Intermediate • Career oriented
• Reliable • ACLS Certified • Love to teach others
HIGHLIGHTED CAREER ACHIEVEMENTS
• Fire Chief- I led a crew of fifteen for four years and over 300 fire and EMS calls never filed a claim for an injury of a volunteer firefighter. I have been an EMT for well over 10 years and am very competent in areas of assessment, vital signs, starting and maintaining IV’s.
• Operations Supervisor- I was employed in less than eight months at my current employer and was promoted to supervisor. I learn things fast and I always take the time to make an educated decision by which I am not afraid to ask questions from more experienced persons.
• 18 Years – I worked for 18 years in the wholesale lumber industry. I am very dedicated to my career and the company that I work for. I had left due to the economic slowdown in the country.
• Goal – My personal goal is to be a respiratory therapist and to add this as a career achievement in which I can give something to the respiratory world. I really want to make a difference one patient at a time.
URS – Tooele Chemical Depot, Stockton Utah 2009 – Present
• Responsible for placing entrants in proper PPE prior to entry into toxic areas.
• During toxic entries I monitor the entrants, if they have any medical problems I am responsible for entering the toxic area and removing them.
• Responsible for making sure that all entrants and backups are current on training and fit tests prior to entries.
• Responsible for all double checks of entrants and backups prior to an entry to ensure that all equipment and PPE is donned properly and is secure.
• Have over 40 in company certifications. We have worked over 12 million man-hours withou...
Login or Register to view the full resume.