• Dedicated, focused professional seeking to gain experience in the healthcare field as a Licensed Vocational Nurse.
• Highly motivated to launch nursing career; future goals include education leading to obtaining an RN license.
• Reliable worker with the ability to quickly learn new concepts and skills.
• Work history in a long term care facility with numerous diagnoses of residents.
• Reputation as a team player and a passion for helping others.
• I am very compassionate, patient, understanding and honest.
• Current on all immunizations (including tuberculosis and hepatitis B).
• Current on CPR certification
• June 2005- August 2007
Worked as a CNA at River Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation, under the supervision of a RN. As a CNA I provided basic care to my patients and spent a maximum time with my patients compared to any other staff in the healthcare facility. My duties at this facility included; helping with basic medical procedures, taking vital signs, helping residents walk, assist residents in and out of their beds, help with baths and showers, helped maintain their rooms, help them eat or drink, and simply be there for them if they needed someone to talk to. I developed strong relationships with my residents.
• August 2010- December 2011
While in the LVN program at St. Philips College, I was under the supervision of an RN. As a LVN student I performed basic care such as obtaining vital signs of patients and administering medications. Monitored temperature, pulse, respirations and blood pressure and reported any abnormalities to my instructor and nurse in charge. Prepared and administered medications and injections, performed wound dressing changes, breathing treatments, administered IM and subcutaneous injections, provided total care to geriatric patients and many other nursing skills. While in school I had clinical at a variety of locations including:
Trisun Health Care
8300 Wurzbach Rd San Antonio, TX 78229
River City Care Center
921 Nolan St San Antonio, TX 78202 (210) 226-6397
Southwest General Hospital
7400 Barlite Boulevard San Antonio, TX 78224 (210) 921-2000
Heubner Creek Place Health and Rehabilitation Center
8306 Huebner Road San Antonio, TX 78240 (210) 691-3111
San Antonio State Hospital
6711 South New Braunfels San Antonio, TX 78223 (210) 532-8811
St. Philips College Child Development Center
2207 Wyoming San Antonio, TX 78203 (210) 271-7033
University Family Health Center- Southeast
1055 Ada Street San Antonio, TX 78223 (210) 358-5515
Salado Creek Living and Rehab Center
603 Corinne San Antonio, TX 78218 (210) 824-7331
• St. Philips College
1801 M.L. King...
Login or Register to view the full resume.