Marcey L. Gemes •
I am interested in transitioning my extensive experience in Patient Access and Health Information Management to advance within a growing company. I am confident that my current experience combined with my team building, leadership, technical and organizational skills will enable me to be successful in my professional growth.
Baylor Healthcare System-Fort Worth, Texas
Centralized Access Services Supervisor-3/09-Present
Baylor All Saints Access Services Floater-6/08-3/09
Docudata Solutions-Fort Worth, Texas
Baylor All Saints Project Manager-3/08-6/08
Baylor Healthcare System-Fort Worth, Texas
Database Analyst/Systems Trainer-7/03-6/08
SOURCECORP-Fort Worth, Texas
Baylor All Saints Release of Information Specialist-6/02-7/03
• United Way
• American Heart Association
• Habitat for Humanity
• White Settlement Youth Association
• March of Dimes
• Make a Wish Foundation
• Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access
• Softmed/Chartview/Papervision 3M
• Cyber Query
• Initiate Auditor-Enterprise Master Patient Index
• Quadramed/Tempus Diagnostic Scheduling System
• Reservation Minor Surgical Scheduling System
• Crystal reporting
• ICD-9 coding
• CPT coding
• Extensive knowledge of HIM policies and procedures.
• Extensive experience in Patient Access Management.
• Effective in training and staff education.
• Strong presentation, organization and leadership skills.
• Effective enforcement and development of Policies and Procedures.
• Resourceful and effective in Materials and Productivity Management.
• Creative and functional in multiple roles for process improvement teams.
• Troubleshooting skills.
• Strong Technical and Analytical background.
• Established long term relationships with physicians and clinical staff.
History and Experience:
Centralized Access Services Pre-Registration Supervisor-3/09-Present
Baylor Healthcare System Corporate Offices-Bryan Tower
• Provide training and continuing education for all staff.
• Recently moved to call center environment. Managing all aspects including time management, productivity reports and outbound call throttling as necessary to staff coverage.
• Maintain high level of efficiency of all entities within the Healthcare System.
• Perform special projects as set forth by Manager and or Director of Centralized Access Services
• Perform daily financial service activities as well as monitor day to day operations.
• Responsible for allocating and managing staff work functions in relation to work volumes.
• Deliver feedback to staff on performance and quality standards, including performing pre-registration, workflow monitoring, and data collection/analysis.
• Assist department manager and or director with in-service education related to various departmental functions as well as related computer systems.
• Monitor registration accuracy and quality compliance for all BHCS facilities.
• Initiate recommendations regarding process and or efficiency improvements.
• Maintain effective communication with internal and external customers via verbal, written and computer skills.
• Interact as a team member representing Baylor Patient Access Services, and serve as a member of designated committees.
• Attend department related meeting and provide new/updated information to all staff.
• Extensive customer service.
• Contact physicians and Care Coordination regarding Medical Necessity when unable to meet financial obligations.
• Mentor, counsel and scheduling of employees.
• Daily audits of monies collected as well as quality level of customer care.
• High level of troubleshooting and technical research and correction.
• Actively enrolled in BLN Leadership classes.
• Assist in the process of Insurance Verification.
Access Services Floater-6/08-3/09
Baylor All Saints Medical Centers
• Receive information from patients and physicians to schedule clinical services based on previously establish established criteria.
• Screen medical orders for medical necessity using specified software and solicit additional diagnosis to support services.
• Reconcile services scheduled with physician orders. Assure written orders are present at time of service.
• Conduct patient interviews to obtain demographic information and financial data for patient registration, insurance verification, pre-certification, and billing.
• Coordinate admissions with nursing and or room control staff.
• Responsible for mitigating the financial risk associated with providing care. Verify patient eligibility for insurance coverage and identify specific insurance benefits applicable for services.
• Collect fees and document appropriately.
• Obtain and explain facility approved consent forms, and complete Healthcare Financing Administration (HCFA) required admission documentation.
• Review accounts for potential financial assistance candidates. Discuss application process with patients and assist with completion as necessary.
• Maintain and collect various departmental data.
• Interact with physicians and other healthcare providers to enhance efficient patient services.
Project Manager Consultant-3/08-6/08
Docudata Solutions, Baylor All Saints Medical Centers
• Involved in all aspects of Electronic Health Record Implementation and Execution
• Develop and maintain departmental objectives, policies, and procedures in concurrence with Associate Director and business unit goals to improve services and implement appropriate plans to meet goals.
• Develop and implement performance standards appropriate for the subset of activities that address quality, productivity and customer service.
• Supervise, directly and indirectly, all employees...
Login or Register to view the full resume.