Summary of Qualifications:
• Knowledge of infection control and medical terminology
• Knowledge of age specific developmental factors specific to children, adults and geriatric residents
• Experience with mental and physical disabilities
• Excellent verbal and writing skills
• Excellent clinical, customer service and communication skills
• Ability to quickly learn new concepts and skills
Education and Certification:
• Licensed Vocational Nurse (#321901), Hill College (2014)
• Certified Nursing Assistant Class, Dayspring Career Institute (2011)
• High School Diploma (2009)
• Ivy Tech Community College Basic Courses (2009)
Mira Vista Court – Fort worth, TX
License Vocational Nurse (10/2014 – current)
• Administer prescribed medications or start intravenous fluids, noting times and amounts on patients' charts.
• Matrix computer system knowledge.
• Observe patients, charting and reporting changes in patients' conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and taking any necessary action.
• Answer patients calls and determine how to assist them.
• Measure and record patients' vital signs, such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiration.
• Work as part of a healthcare team to assess patient needs, plan and modify care, and implement interventions.
• Collect samples, such as stool, urine, or sputum from patients, and perform routine laboratory tests on samples.
• Supervise nurse aides.
• Assemble and use equipment, such as catheters, tracheotomy tubes, or oxygen suppliers.
• Evaluate nursing intervention outcomes, conferring with other healthcare team members as necessary.
• Record food and fluid intake and output.
THR – Cleburne, TX
Certified Nurse Assistant (01/2013 – 09/2014)
• Provided assistance to patient according to written plan of care.
• Collected patient data, identified and reported significant findings to the nurse.
• Assisted in admission/transfer/discharge.
• Revised patient activities of daily living based on patient/family preferences.
• Took action to reduce or eliminate patient risk.
• Documented patient information accurately and appropriately.
• In collaboration/consultation with nurse, adapted care to reflect age-specific and developmental considerations; incorporates cultural/ religious needs and beliefs into delivery of care.
Login or Register to view the full resume.