Highly motivated and detail-oriented Registered Nurse with a Masters degree in Medical Informatics and 10 years of experience in the Operating Room in a major hospital setting. Proven ability to utilize and teach information technology applications to increase efficiency and benefit clinical outcomes.
SKILL / EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS
• Extensive nursing experience in the hospital setting including workflow knowledge.
• Daily utilization of Allscripts Sunrise Clinical Manager electronic medical charting.
• Utilized C++, VB, SAS, SQL, & HTML in medical informatics applications.
• Provided support to both project management and nursing informatics teams during Epic go-live at Coney Island Hospital.
• Constructed a mock EMR implementation Project Charter for a small private practice.
• Knowledgeable in project management PMP principles.
• Currently learning Python programming language.
11/07 – Present
Northshore University Hospital | Northwell Health, Manhasset, NY
Provide safe and comprehensive nursing care for clients in the perioperative setting. Specializing in orthopedic surgery; neurosurgery backup. Facilitate surgeries including but not limited to: orthopedics, neurology, plastics, thoracic, vascular, and open and laparoscopic GI surgery; proficient in both the OR circulator and scrub role. On-going collaboration with members of the surgical team to provide the information and needs necessary for a successful and safe completion of surgery: patient alerts, instruments, medications, equipment, implants, etc.
⁃ Member of the OR Medical Informatics Collaborative Care Council.
⁃ Designated software application Super User.
2/17 – 5/17
MEDICAL INFORMATICS INTERN
NYC Health + Hospitals, New York, NY
Provided support to both project management and nursing informatics teams during Epic go-live at Coney Island Hospital.
⁃ Participated in conference calls with multiple key team members and representatives troubleshoot...
Login or Register to view the full resume.