A highly motivated and dependable individual seeking a medical billing and coding position that allows me to use my knowledge and skills within a health care facility.
• Team player
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel
• 50 WPM typing skill
• Excellent Customer Service skills
• Good Time Management skills
Ultimate Medical Academy - Online – Tampa, FL 03/2015
Medical Billing and Coding Certificate- 4.0 GPA Graduation 12/2015
• Dean’s List Award
• ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM, CPT and HCPCS training
Neoga Jr. Sr. High School - Neoga, IL 05/2006
High school diploma obtained
• Data entry (experience using 10-key number pad)
Consolidated Community Medical Centers 12/2015-current
Assistant Medical Billing Clerk
• Take record of Medical EOBs and inputting the information on them into the doctor’s personal EMR
• Take patient payments over the phone
• Verify patient’s insurance coverage, benefits, and eligibility
• Use the HCFA-1500 form every day for insurances and worker’s compensation
• Take record of charge denials and figure out what went wrong
Select Remedy/Solix CMR – Charleston, IL 07/2013 –06/2014
Customer Service Representative- Blue Cross Blue Shield Alabama
• Helped Medicare and non-Medicare clients sign up for insurance plans that best meet their needs
• Assisted Medicare eligible clients with claims, billing, medications, and benefits
• Aided clients through the healthcare marketplace
• Kept records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, comments, as well as actions taken.
• Frequently would need to help Medicare drug plan and advantage clients be able to get their certain medications by doing a prior authorization or finding an alternative for them to ask their doctor about.
Evergreen Nursing and Rehab Center – Effingham, IL 11/2011-04/2012
Certified Nursing Assistant
• Provided physical support to assist patients to perform daily living activities, such as getting out of
bed, bathing, dressing, using the toilet, and standing, walking, or exercising.
• Measured and recorded food and liquid intake or urinary and fecal output, reporting changes to medical or nursing staff.
• Documented or otherwise reported observations of patient behavior, complaints, or physical symptoms to nurses.
• Recorded vital signs, such as temperature, blood pressure, pulse, or respiration rate, as directed by medical or nursing staff.
Cumberland Rehab and Healthcare Center – Greenup, IL 06/2011–10/2011
Login or Register to view the full resume.