08/14-12/15 Master of Science, Health Care Administration
University of Texas at Arlington, College of Business.
Fort Worth, Texas.
11/03-09/07 Bachelor of Science, Nursing Sciences
University of Kirkuk, College of Nursing, Kirkuk, Iraq
08/17-Present Store Team Member
• Providing differentiated customer service by anticipating customer needs, demonstrating compassion and care in all interactions
• Accurately operating a cash register - handling cash, checks and credit card transactions with precision while following company policies and procedures.
• Maintaining the sales floor by restocking shelves, checking in vendors, updating pricing information and completing inventory management tasks as directed by store manager.
• Providing customer support to all departments, including photo and beauty
• Assisting pharmacy personnel when needed, including working regular shifts in the pharmacy as needed.
•Embracing and advocating for new CVS services and loyalty programs that support our purpose of helping people on their path to better health
11/12-12/13 Community Interpreter
04/17-Present Translation & Interpretation Network, Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
• Provide in-person community interpreting services using HIPAA Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics.
• Serve as a cultural and linguistic resource to both clients and providers in various settings, including health, education, and social services.
• Facilitate communication between providers and limited English speaking clients for Arabic language.
• Provide sight translations as required for filling out forms, instructions, and schedules.
04/16-3/17 Patient Navigator
UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas
• Acted as a liaison between the patients, their family and internal and/or external service providers.
• Implemented individualized patient navigation plan by facilitation of appointment scheduling, assisting with referral process, providing client education and linking clients with appropriate support services.
• Identified patient's understanding of medical care/outcome and provided appropriate education and resources to address needs.
• Empowered patients to self-navigate the healthcare system. Assisted people to create their own/unique solutions by acting as a resource of health care information, community support group.
• Identified and maintained a database of appropriate resources for client support.
• Advocates teamwork and multidisciplinary care concept to patients, staff and faculty.
• Recognized barriers to healthcare and connected patients to the resources they may need.
08/15-12/15 Health and Wellness Intern
International Rescue Committee, Dallas, Texas
• Helped refugees and other immigrants achieve self-sufficiency by teaching them how to navigate the U.S. healthcare system independently.
• Educated clients about their Medicaid benefits and options for receiving medical care, including insurance plans and hospital free care after Medicaid ends.
• Provided public health education to clients on an individual basis, through home visits, medical appointments, and informal discussions.
• Advocated for the use of medical interpretation, both with individual providers and clinics, and with legislators.
• Provided or arranged for transportation to appointments, and serve as patient advocate/cultural broker with medical personnel.
• Scheduled appointments for—and help clients access—primary care, dental care, mental health care, and women’s health care/pre-natal care, as necessary. Follow up on referrals to specialists, diagnostic imaging, and other appointments as necessary
12/13-01/16 Legal Administrative Assistant
Nationwide Insurance Company, Irving, Texas
• Reviewed, highlighted, prioritized and processed mail. Forwarded routine mail to appropriate staff members. Brought to attention of the manager any items needing immediate attention. Prepared items for mailing, shipping, and storage.
• Drafted responses for management approval; composed and sent correspondence such as basic instructions or procedures.
• Answered telephones, took messages and redirected calls. Greeted visitors. Responded to a variety of inquiries on work-related topics and processes.
• Processed check requests, expense advances and reports and other routine requisitions to pay bills, clear expense, order supplies, support meetings, etc.
• Assisted and trained other secretaries in the office. Provided guidance to associates on office procedures such as email, phones, supplies, travel, etc.
Champion Caregivers, Fort Worth, Texas
• Assisted patients with walking and light exercise
• Planned and prepared meals, monitored food expiration dates.
• Assisted with housekeeping, bathing, dressing and grooming.
• Provided medication reminders.
• Escorted on appointments (doctor, physical therapy, etc.)
• Recorded daily care notes.
• Reported any significant client changes to the Agency office.
12/12-08/13 Retail Sales Associate
Macy's Store, Fort Worth, Texas
• Entered purchases into cash register to calculate total price.
Login or Register to view the full resume.