Compassionate, detail oriented RN seeking new opportunity for growth in nursing practice. Experienced in fast paced environment requiring teamwork, communication, collaboration, critical thinking and detailed documentation.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing 1988
Franciscan University, Steubenville, Ohio
Registered Nurse #4704168756 Michigan Expires 3/31/2019
SPECTRUM HEALTH HOSPICE
750 Fuller NE, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503
HOSPICE HOSPITAL TEAM SUPERVISOR 9/2017-PRESENT
▪ Supervise hospice team consisting of 10 RNs and 5 MSWs who work in hospital setting.
▪ Lead interdisciplinary team meetings.
▪ Quality auditing of documentation.
▪ Supervisory visits with staff and performance evaluations.
▪ Track outcome of referrals from hospital to hospice and staff productivity.
▪ Collaborate with Spectrum Health Palliative Care team facilitating coordination between hospice and palliative
▪ Scheduling and payroll.
▪ Acted as Super User for hospital and hospice transition to new electronic medical record.
▪ Provide monthly hospice education to new hospital case managers.
▪ Participated as panel member in panel discussion for Defining Hope movie screening in Grand Rapids, MI 2017
▪ Collaborated with hospice educator to develop and present Hospice Pain CE for hospital RNs.
▪ Responsible for educating hospice RNs and MSWs to hospice hospital visits and newly opened Supportive Care
HOSPICE HOSPITAL TEAM RN 8/2007-9/2017
▪ Team Lead responsible for fielding new referrals, coordinating patient visits, collaborating with hospital care managers, physicians, hospice staff while visiting patients.
▪ ELNEC trained 2015.
▪ Provide hospice information visits and facilitate goals of care discussions for hospitalized patients and their
▪ Discharge planning for patients who have decided to pursue hospice care.
▪ Admission and routine visits for patients receiving general inpatient level of hospice care in hospital setting.
Collaborate with physicians and bedside nurses to provide aggressive end of life symptom management with goal
of comfort at end of life.
▪ Develop individualized plan of care for patients.
▪ Collaborate with other members of the hospice interdisciplinary team to meet the hospice patient’s physical,
emotional and spiritual needs at end of life.
▪ Educate and counsel patients, families, and caregivers regarding end of life care.
FAITH HOSPICE GRAND RAPIDS, MI 10/2004-9/2007
RN Charge Nurse
RN Case Manager - On Call
▪ Triage phone calls and manage the care and comfort of hospice patients after hours
▪ Assess condition and comfort level of patients in a variety of settings
▪ Implement and evaluate interventions for pain and symptom management as warranted by patient condition and
as prescribed by the physician
▪ Develop and update individualized plan of care as needed
▪ Collaborate with other members of the hospice i...
Login or Register to view the full resume.